If you think Kali Muscle is going to give you complicated instructions on how to eat to grow, well, you don't know Kali. After all, this is the man who created the legendary DIY pre-workout "Hyphy Mud" while in lockup, using nothing more than cola and instant coffee. He also believes in the muscle-building potential of simple foods like ramen noodles so strongly, he has been known to bathe in them.
So take it from Kali: "Rice, oatmeal, chicken, fish—that's all you need to get jacked." In the video "Kali Muscle Cooks," which he created for the Jyoto.info YouTube channel, Kali shows us how to make nothing more than a pack of chicken tenders and a bag of jasmine rice last for a few protein-rich meals.
For less than $10—or roughly one fat-and-sodium filled fast-food meal—you're set. Want to lose weight rather than gain? Just swap out the rice for veggies. No, you don't need to be jacked up on Hyphy Mud to enjoy making this recipe; just full of enthusiasm. Kali has plenty to share.
A brief disclaimer before you head to the comments: Kali Muscle isn't a scientist. Eat honey if you want, don't if you don't. If you like using microwaves and don't agree with his feelings about them, use your microwave. We don't care.
Recipe: Chicken and Rice
- Chicken, 1-1/2 lbs.
- Jasmine rice, 2 cups
- Cilantro, to taste
- Honey, to taste
- PAM to coat pan
- Spray a pan with PAM. Cut chicken into pieces.
- Place chicken in the pan. Add honey. Take a swig off the bear.
- Add 2 cups of rice to a rice cooker, and add 2 cups of water.
- Flip chicken with a spatula, or a fork. Whichever. Just make sure you're wearing your sunglasses indoors—it's the key to succulent chicken.
- Once the center is cooked through and the rice is done, plate your dish.
- Top rice with cilantro. Make lots of popping noises to announce your enthusiasm for the food that's about to enter your face.
- Slice chicken. Top with BBQ sauce because it tastes good.
- Serving size: 1 plate
- Recipe yields: 2 servings (because you can't always eat by yourself)
- Calories: 1144
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbs: 72 g
- Protein: 106 g