- Connect a rope attachment to a tower, and move the cable to the lowest pulley position. Stand with your side to the cable with a wide stance, and grab the rope with both hands.
- Twist your body away from the pulley as you bring the rope over your shoulder like youâ€™re performing a judo flip.
- Shift your weight between your feet as you twist and crunch forward, pulling the cable downward.
- Return to the starting position and repeat until failure.
- Then, reposition and repeat the same series of movements on the opposite side.
Tip: Although this should be one continuous movement, think of it as two separate ab movements: the twist for obliques and the crunch for abs. This will help with the mind-muscle connection. Also, over exaggerate the end of the crunch by pausing for a moment and clinching your abs in an isometric hold before releasing.