FreakMode Recipes: Veal Cutlets And Roasted Squash
Tired of your normal dinner recipes? Try this one and you'll never look back!
Although chicken and turkey are staples in most fit diets, you don't have to make the same meat choices over and over. Veal is delicious, and squash is a nutrient-dense vegetable that belongs in anyone's healthy nutrition plan!
Veal cutlets 4
Oregano, salt, and pepper 1 pinch
Olive oil 2 tbsp
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Pre-cut butternut squash cubes 1 container
Thyme, finely chopped 1 branch
Parmesan cheese, grated 2 tbsp
Salt and pepper 1 pinch
Olive oil 1 pinch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place squash on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, parmesan, salt, pepper and thyme. Mix well
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Squash is ready when there's a golden crust and it's tender inside.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and oregano over veal cutlets, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook cutlets for 2-4 minutes on both sides.
- In a bowl, mix lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Drizzle over cooked veal.
Serving size: 2 cutlets
Recipe yields: 2 servings