I respect the heck out of the greats of the past like . Although, upon the release of this article he will probably be rolling over in his grave or might even haunt me.
The program that I am about to present to you is no walk in the park and definitely isn't low volume. It is anything but. This program is based less on weights and intensity and more on the overall volume of the workout.
Rollin' 30's means that after you are done with your work sets on a given compound exercise, you crush it with 30 reps done in a fashion of your choice. The choices are:
- 10 sets of 3
- 3 sets of 10
- 2 sets of 15
- 6 sets of 5
- 5 sets of 6
The variation that you do will be whatever you feel like. This is where an old , Instinctive Training, comes into play. Instinctive training is listening to your body and doing what feels right at that moment in time. An example of this would be going into the gym to work chest but having nothing planned and just do what feels right.
In the case of Rollin' 30's you get to choose how you will perform the targeted reps. If you feel like going heavy then perform the 10 sets of 3 reps. If you feel like going light then perform the 2 sets of 15 reps. Listen to your body and choose the sets and reps that feels right at that moment.
What Weight To Use?
- Before I get 500 emails asking what weight and what percent of
- to use with this program, I will state now that IT DOES NOT MATTER! This is a volume program, so overall volume is the key.
- Obviously, do a weight that is challenging and you will see what kind of weight I use when I lay out an example below, but it is up to you to determine what weight to use. If you cannot get all prescribed sets with the weight that you started with, feel free to lower the weight and be sure to complete all 30 reps. This is the key!
- For chest, we will do a
- scheme at the beginning and once you have gone as high as you can go, adjust the weight for your Rollin' 30's and get to pumpin'!
This is the workout that I did last time for chest:
- 135 x 15
- 225 x 15
- 275 x 12
- 315 x 6
- 375 x 2
- 255 x 6 for 5 sets
- 60 x 15
- 80 x 15
- 100 x 6
- 3 sets of 15
- You can also do this for any other body part. Here are the exercises per body part:
- Depending on
- , you can do this every workout if you'd like for 6-8 weeks. At the end of 6-8 weeks, you can switch to another training style like
|Click The Play Button To Start The Video.
Or Download Here:
(31.2 MB) - (68.2 MB)
- I am a volume guy and I like to train six days per week, but you can place this into any split, be it a 3-day, 4-day or 5-day split. Here is what I prefer. I do
- on alternating days.
We recommend cardio year round, regardless of what weight training program you are on. Endurance A.K.A. cardiovascular training improves the heart's ability to pump blood and increases oxygen uptake into cells.
A "fit" person also burns more fat at rest and during exercise than an unfit person. Bodybuilders use cardiovascular training mainly as a means to increase caloric expenditure thereby increasing fat loss or decreasing fat gain. By doing cardio year round you will increase your body's capacity to burn fat at both rest and exercise. Let's discuss what type of cardio to do.
Low-Moderate Intensity Cardio On Weight Training Days
- As stated in the intro, bodybuilders primarily use cardio as a means to increase their caloric expenditure (Cardiovascular training has a TON of other health benefits, but we will not touch on those benefits here). The use of low-intensity cardio, done either pre or post weight training, allows one to burn more calories while not hampering recovery.
Low-intensity cardio is not as strenuous on the body as high-intensity cardio or high-intensity interval training (HIIT). It would be very hard for someone to complete a HIIT session pre weight training as it would decrease your performance when lifting weights, or to complete the session post weight training as it would be very fatiguing.
- We want to keep the body healthy and
- free. If you get injured, then your workouts will suffer or cease altogether. Therefore, I feel it is more practical to perform low to moderate intensity cardio on weight training days.
Now one could perform their cardio separate from their weight training, but for most that would mean two trips to the gym, which is impractical; Hence my recommendation to perform cardio pre or post weight training.
- Fast-Cardio Or Slow-Cardio? - By Ivan Blazquez
- Are You Exercising Calories Away? - By Shannon Clark
- Low-Intensity Cardio For High-Intensity Fat Loss! - By Marc Lobliner
- Other Cardiovascular Articles...
Whether you choose to do your cardio pre or post weight training is a personal preference. Remember, your main goal is to hit it hard in the weight room. If doing cardio pre weight training decreases your performance then it would be better for you to do it post workout.
If you find that you are too tired to do cardio post weight training or simply find you become too bored and do not finish your cardio session, it would be better for you to do your cardio pre weight training.
High-Intensity/HIIT On Non-Weight Training Days
- High-intensity cardio stresses both the aerobic and anaerobic energy systems. The anaerobic energy system is what is stressed during weight training. Putting too much stress on the anaerobic system and hampering recovery is one reason why I do not recommend performing weight training and
- on the same day. Obviously running at 6 mph will burn more calories than running at 3 mph, but one has to balance their activities to allow for proper recovery.
There are two main types of high-intensity cardio: Continuous and Interval Training. Continuous high-intensity cardio would be running at a high speed on the treadmill or elliptical machine for a long duration (i.e. 5+ minutes).
- Interval training involves alternating periods of work and rest (or lower levels of work). For example,
- a 100 meter sprint then walking back to the start, resting, then repeating could constitute HIIT. HIIT is more intense than high-intensity continuous cardio and much more intense than low-intensity cardio.
Supplements & Diet
This diet works very well for bulking OR cutting diets!
As for supplements, we will focus on workout nutrition. We always recommend Scivation Xtend and Vasocharge. Why? Well, we believe that Xtend is the best supplement ever made and we love the effects and results that Vasocharge gives us. Here is a quick write up on this advanced workout nutrition stack.
Scivation Workout Nutrition StackTM-Xtend + VasoCharge
- has made pre-workout supplementation a thoughtless endeavor.
Imagine if you could take the scientifically-proven, synergistic ingredients to guarantee you have all bases covered and to assure that you get the skin-bursting pumps, mind-blowing energy and unbelievable endurance to help you attack the weights like a beast.
- Then imagine if you could fuel your muscles during your workout to encourage lean muscle growth and endless energy with enhanced
- . If you're like anyone here at Team Scivation, this is a dream come true. Time to stop dreaming.
Scivation Xtend is the ultimate pre, during and post workout formula ever created. It has even created its own category - Workout NutritionTM. Scivation VasoCharge, formerly known as Vasocharge, has become the standard in pre workout supplementation featuring Beta Alanine, NO Enhancers, Mental Performance Boosters and the VasoRushTM Blend.
| VasoRushTM Blend
Citrulline Malate, L-Arginine Alpha KetoGlutarate 2:1, (Di-L-Arginine)-L-Malate, Citric Acid, (Di-L-Arginine) Orotate
- Scivation now gives it to you in one complete stack at an unbelievable price. The Scivation Workout Nutrition Stack
- is here, and it is time for you to get your swole on.
Fatigue and increased protein breakdown (catabolism) are two of the main causes of poor performance and lack of growth/progress for bodybuilders and fitness enthusiast.
If you do not have the energy and drive to lift harder and heavier each workout then you will not grow. If you leave protein breakdown levels unchecked and allow muscle breakdown to occur during a workout then you will not grow.
- Without proper workout nutrition you will not grow and progress and the rate you could with sufficient diet and supplement strategies. Scivation has taken the guess work out of workout nutrition and created a supplement combo that will increase your energy and performance, delay fatigue, and decrease protein breakdown while increasing protein synthesis (the key to muscle growth).
It's time to start taking your workout nutrition (pre and during workout) seriously and supplement with the Scivation Workout Nutrition Stack - Vasocharge + Xtend!
- We have formulated
- around ingredients that are scientifically proven to increase performance and muscle growth. Vasocharge contains synergistic ingredients that work together to take the results you will see to the next level and beyond.
Creatine + Citrulline Malate
- Synergistically increases performance
Creatine + Beta-Alanine
- Synergistically increases performance and lean mass gains
Citrulline Malate + Arginine
- Increases blood flow and amino acid deliver to skeletal muscle, leading to increased protein synthesis (muscle growth)
Tyrosine + ALCAR + Caffeine + D,L-Phenylalanine
- Increases energy and mental focus while delaying fatigue, allowing you to workout harder and longer.
- Vasocharge is formulated to allow you to increase the intensity of your workouts while delaying fatigue, which results in greater progress being made. Vasocharge increases energy production and power output, decreases H+ accumulation and fatigue, and increases blood flow and the deliver of
- to skeletal muscle, making it an all-in-one pre-workout powerhouse.
- We have formulated
- to increase protein synthesis,
- , and performance using a precise blend
- , and
- . BCAA are a must have for workout nutrition. In summary, the metabolic roles of the BCAA Include:
- Substrate for energy production
- Substrate for protein synthesis
- Precursor for the formation of other amino acids
- Primarily Alanine and Glutamine
- Metabolic signals (Primarily Leucine)
- Stimulates protein synthesis through insulin secretion/activation of the PI3K pathway
- Stimulates protein synthesis through activation of mTOR
- Stimulates leptin expression in adipocytes through activation of mTOR
Xtend was formulated to give the body what it needs during exercise. As you exercise, the body increases the demand for various nutrients and if the body is not fed those nutrients, it must obtain them from other sources (i.e. breakdown of skeletal muscle to obtain amino acids).
Both BCAA and Glutamine oxidation/demand is increased during exercise. In order to meet this increased demand for BCAA and Glutamine, the body breaks down muscle protein.
- The goal of weight training is to increase protein synthesis. In order to gain muscle mass, protein turnover (protein turnover = protein synthesis - protein breakdown) must be positive. An increase in protein synthesis from weight training can lead to an increase in muscle mass.
| Protein Synthesis
The process by which nitrogen from amino acids is linearly arranged into structural proteins through the involvement of RNA and various enzymes. Protein synthesis is muscle growth. The more efficient you can make this process the more efficiently you can build muscle.
- If we are increasing protein breakdown during training, we are decreasing the training session's overall anabolic effect and limiting muscle growth.
BCAA supplementation has been shown to not only increase protein synthesis, but also to decrease protein breakdown. By supplementing with Xtend during your workouts you are creating an ideal environment for muscle growth.
|Jyoto.info Xtend Product Guide
Click The Play Button To Start The Video.
- What all this means is ingesting BCAA primes your body for growth by increasing protein synthesis and energy production in muscle. All of these actions are beneficial to an athlete and should not be overlooked.
There is endless research backing BCAA supplementation as part of one's workout nutrition. In addition, the citrulline malate found in Xtend increases atp/energy production, delays fatigue, and increase blood flow and amino acid deliver to muscle and the glutamine promotes increased recovery.
Vasocharge + Xtend
- By combining
- pre-workout you prime your body for heightened performance and anabolism. Our pre-workout recommendation (taking 15 minutes pre-workout) is:
- 1 Serving Vasocharge
- 2 Scoops Xtend
You should follow this up during your workout by sipping 4-8 scoops of Xtend throughout your entire workout. This will ensure protein synthesis levels stay elevated and your body is primed for growth.
- While many people overlook the power of workout nutrition, with the Scivation Workout Nutrition Stack you can be ensured that your body has the nutrients and substrates it needs to performance better than ever and grow like never before.