If you haven't tried whipping up a batch of egg muffins yet, you're long overdue. These little treats consist of eggs whipped up with other ingredients, then baked in a muffin tin to create protein-filled, hand-held snacks.
- 4 slice bacon
- 3 medium green apples, chopped into ½-inch chunks
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 9 egg
- 1½ tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté the bacon until crisp on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside, but leave the grease.
- Add the apples to the pan and cook with cinnamon for about 5 minutes. When they're golden brown, they're ready.
- Whisk the eggs, flour, coconut milk, baking soda, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Distribute the egg mixture and apple mixture evenly in a standard muffin tin. Crumble the bacon evenly into the tins as well.
- Bake approximately 25 minutes—you want the center to set. If you insert a knife or fork into the center, it should come out mostly clean.
- Set aside and let rest for about 10 minutes. Remove muffins from tin and refrigerate. When you're on the road, keep them in a cooler.