Ever wish you could have banana bread without having to bake a whole loaf? "I do! I do!" Well, now we can, fellow 'nanner lovers. All you need is a microwave. Like most things I make, this recipe is high in protein and low in sugar. Did I mention it's ready to eat in less than 5 minutes? And the flavor—that's what makes it one of my favorite mug cakes yet!
- 1 scoop(s) banana or vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp oat flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp baking Stevia
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- to taste nutmeg
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup, mashed banana
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp egg whites
- ¼ tsp pure almond extract
- ½ tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- Lightly spray an oversized mug with cooking spray.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared mug (batter will be slightly thick).
- Microwave for 2 minutes, then dump your cake onto a plate to cool.
- Top with melted peanut butter and sugar free syrup, if desired. Enjoy!