Get your chocolate fix and meet your protein needs with this brownie recipe full of good-for-you legumes. Before you turn your nose up in disgust, hear me out: This treat tastes nothing like beans. In fact, the "secret" ingredient adds the extra moisture needed for a rich, velvety chocolate treat that no one will ever suspect has a healthy spin.
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered Stevia
- 3 egg
- 1 scoop(s) fitMiss Delight, Chocolate Delight Protein Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease pan.
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Optional: Bittersweet chocolate, 1/4 cup. If adding chopped bittersweet chocolate, fold in at the end. Do not blend.
- Pour into a pan, and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Note: If you like fudgy brownies, let these cool. The texture actually changes as they cool off, and they become gooier.