Stir-fry dishes are simple to create and typically only take ten minutes tops. If you purchase pre-chopped vegetables already, your prep time will be further reduced. There are many different variations of sauces you can come up with so be sure to try a variety of your own. Keep in mind that with a few ingredient swaps, you can also really improve the nutritional content of most sauce recipes.
- 1 cup brown rice
- ½ tbsp honey
- 1½ tsp ginger, minced
- ½ cup chicken bone broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ⅛ cup, sliced red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 oz chicken breast
- Begin by bringing 1 cup of water to a boil and then toss in brown rice, covering, and allowing to simmer according to package directions.
- Next, heat half of the olive oil in a pan. Cook chicken until tender and set aside. Toss the vegetables in the pan with juices from the chicken along with 1 tbsp of the chicken broth. Saute all the vegetables until tender.
- Next, mix together the remaining olive oil, chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and honey in a small bowl. Pour over vegetables, add chicken back to the pan, and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve on top of the bed of rice.