Even if you're on a strict diet, two or three of these "healthified" sugar cookies won't blow your nutrition. Did I mention they're soft, with just the right amount of "bite," and that the frosting is to die for?
- 80 g vanilla whey protein powder
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup pyure organic stevia blend
- ¼ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp smart Balance light buttery spread
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered Stevia
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp smart Balance light buttery spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry cookie ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients, and mix until a dough forms.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Form balls of dough with a tablespoon and place 2" apart on sheet.
- Press balls flat to roughly half an inch thick using the back of a spatula or your hand.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are firm but center is still soft (cookies will set upon cooling). I flattened mine a little more fresh out of the oven with the back of a spatula.
- While cookies cool, combine frosting ingredients in a separate mixing bowl until smooth.
- Spread frosting over cookies and decorate with sprinkles if desired. Enjoy!
- Cookies can be stored at room temperature for several days or frozen up to a month.
- Note: You may need to adjust water (3 tbsp) depending on the kind of protein powder you use.