If you want to turn a light snack of vegetables into an energy-boosting way to fuel your day, this should be your go-to dip. Made with cannellini beans, it provides a good dose of dietary fiber and complex carbohydrates. And garlic may boost the immune system and improve heart health.
- 5 clove garlic, chopped
- 3¾ cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup low-fat Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp, ground oregano
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel the garlic and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Once coated, wrap in tin foil and bake for about 25 minutes or until fragrant and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Next, place the garlic, beans, cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper into a food processor and blend until a smooth consistency is reached. Slowly add in the remaining olive oil, blending as you do.
- Serve immediately, or place in the fridge until ready to serve.