Matcha is a good source of caffeine and the compound L-theanine, both of which have been shown to improve attention and memory, and maybe dissolve your morning brain fog. Avocado is another nutritional overachiever, full of fiber, cholesterol-busting monounsaturated fat, and a range of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, vitamin K, and vitamin C.
Steel-Cut Oats Foundation Ingredients
- ¼ cup steel-cut oats
- ⅝ cup water
- 1 pinch salt
Matcha and Avocado Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup milk (2% fat)
- 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) banana
- 2 tsp matcha, powdered
- 1 tsp ginger, powdered
- ¼ fruit, without skin and seed avocado
- ½ cup mango
- 2 tbsp cashews, chopped
- Place steel-cut oats, a pinch of salt, and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a slight simmer, turn off the heat, and let oats soak covered overnight.
- To reheat leftovers, place cooked oatmeal in a saucepan, with a splash or two of water or milk, over medium-low heat until warm.
- In the morning, heat prepared oats with milk, banana, matcha powder, and ginger.
- Top bowls of oatmeal with avocado, mango, and cashews.