Here's proof that dessert doesn't need to derail your diet. All the sweetness in this pudding comes from sweet potatoes and dates, so there's no need to add processed sugar.
- ⅓ cup chopped dates
- 1 sweet potato, cut into cubes
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ¼ scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Place dates in a bowl, cover with hot water, and let soak 20 minutes.
- Place sweet potato cubes and 1 tablespoon water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and poke a few holes in plastic to allow for venting. Microwave on high for 6 minutes, or until potato is easily pierced with a knife. The bowl will be very hot, so remove carefully from microwave. Let sweet potato cool.
- Place milk, drained dates, sweet potato cubes, cocoa powder, protein powder, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, cayenne, and a pinch of salt in a blender and blend until smooth. If needed, add a bit more milk to help with blending. Chill pudding for at least 2 hours before serving.