So if your taste buds and food sensibilities are begging for a change? Ah! Not another chicken breast!? Why not try this meatless nacho recipe?
- ¼ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 oz lean ground sausage
- 4 oz tortilla chips
- Mix the black beans and Gimme Lean Ground Sausage in a microwave safe bowl. Heat the bean and "sausage" mixture for 1-2 minutes until hot.
- Sprinkle with cheese and red chili pepper flakes if you're brave enough. Eat with tortilla chips!
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the home-made guacamole recipe below for added flavor and a boost of healthy fats and protein from nutritious avocado and quinoa!
- Optional: Serve nachos on a bed of fresh spinach.