These muffins have all the convenience of individually-sized treats yet still capture the flavor and texture of pumpkin pie. Although they are wonderful plain, add coconut whipped cream for the full pumpkin-pie experience.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 whole egg
- ½ cup coconut milk, canned, full-fat
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
Coconut Whipped Cream Topping Ingredients
- 13½ oz coconut milk, canned, full-fat
- 1 tbsp powdered Stevia
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Combine the pumpkin, eggs, coconut milk, vanilla, and honey in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Then, add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir until fully combined and smooth.
- Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full with the mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned on top.
- Let cool, then top with coconut whipped cream.
- Note: Canned full-fat coconut milk separates. Blend the coconut cream and coconut water together to create a creamy consistency before using.
- Topping Directions: Chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Remove the hardened coconut cream from the can and place in a bowl. Whisk coconut cream until it is light and fluffy. If using sweetener, whisk it in now. Serve immediately. (It can be stored in the fridge for several days, but will need to be whisked again before serving.)