When looking for a boost in energy and focus, Alicia Ziegler often pairs a quick-digesting protein source with caffeine for her pre-workout meal. The caffeine helps her get energized for the workout ahead, while the protein sets her up for muscle growth and repair.
Chip and Salad Ingredients
- 2 cup stemmed and torn mustard greens
- ⅛ cup almonds, chopped
- ¼ fruit, without skin and seed avocado
- ½ tsp rosemary
- 1 salt to taste
- 2 cup organic mixed greens
- 1 cup goji berries
- ½ whole sprouted-grain tortilla
- ½ cup strawberries
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1 scoop dymatize M.P.ACT raspberry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tortilla into triangles and spray both sides of the "chips" with the cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and rosemary, and place in the oven on a perforated pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Be sure to watch the chips closely so they don't burn.
- Carefully remove the chips from oven and let cool.
- To make the vinaigrette, place berries, olive oil, lemon juice, pre-workout, and honey in a blender. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the mixed greens with 2 tablespoons of pre-workout vinaigrette, and refrigerate the remainder of the dressing. Top with the remaining ingredients and dive in. Don't forget to add a lean protein!