If you have a sweet tooth, you're sure to love this recipe. It has fiber from the Brussels sprouts, healthy fats from pecans, and a hint of sweetness from the cranberries. This is the perfect way to get your vegetables, increase your calorie intake, and give your body what it needs to build muscle.
- 1½ lb brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp, ground black pepper
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Wash and trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts. Remove any dark outer leaves and slice the Brussels sprouts in half from top to bottom.
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Arrange the Brussels sprouts on the baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees F for 20-30 minutes or until the sprouts are tender with crispy, dark roasted outer leaves.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from the oven, toss with the pecans and dried cranberries, then drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.