This recipe is perfect for those chilly winter nights when you want a hearty meal but don't want to spend hours cooking. Simply toss all the ingredients together in a slow cooker prior to leaving in the morning. It'll be ready when you arrive home.
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 piece chicken breast
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 whole onion, finely diced
- 1 whole carrot, shredded
- 1 whole zucchini, sliced
- ½ cup corn
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp, leaves oregano
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 salt to taste
- 7½ cup low-sodium chicken stock
- Spray a crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add in all ingredients, except for the zucchini. Mix well.
- Set crockpot to low and cook for 7 hours.
- After 7 hours, add the zucchini and cook for 1 more hour.
- Ladle into bowls and serve immediately.