Morning, noon, or night enjoy this calorie-conscious treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth without sabotaging your goals.
- 5 slice, thick rye bread
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 oz fat-free cream cheese
- ½ scoop whey protein powder isolate
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- Whisk together eggs and almond milk in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together filling ingredients.
- Make slight incision on pieces of bread to form a pocket (like pita bread).
- Add sliced strawberries (and/or blueberries) and some of the protein cheese mixture.
- Dip both sides of stuffed bread in egg mixture.
- Spray skillet. Let it get hot. Add French toast. Garnish with cinnamon and sugar-free maple syrup (optional).