This recipe also includes a dose of vegetables to maintain your fiber intake, along with sweet potatoes for some complex carbs to keep your muscle glycogen stocked and your anabolic hormones, like insulin, high.
- 2 pound lean eye of round roast
- 4 whole sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 small (5-1/2" long) carrots, sliced
- 2 whole onion, sliced
- 4 whole stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cube beef Broth
- ½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 to taste rosemary
- 1 to taste thyme
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Turn your Instant Pot to sauté setting; add olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add roast; flip every minute until evenly browned.
- Remove roast from pot and set aside.
- Add onions, mushrooms, and garlic to pot; sauté.
- Stir in beef broth, top with remaining herbs and spices.
- Place roast and potatoes into pot with broth, cover, set timer to cook for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, add carrots and celery to pot. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- After 5 more minutes, relieve pressure using either method.
- Once pressure has dropped, remove roast to serving dish, surround with vegetables and serve.