Love chocolate? Then you're going to love these chocolate-packed energy bites! Full of protein and antioxidants, these chocolate energy bites are the perfect no-cheat treat to power your day!
- ½ cup dry oatmeal
- 2 scoop(s) chocolate protein powder
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate baking powder
- 15 whole, pitted chopped dates
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 5 oz no-sugar added dark chocolate baking bar with Stevia
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Add oatmeal, protein, and cacao powder to a food processor. Blend until you have a fine powder like flour.
- Add the pitted dates and peanut butter, and cacao nibs if using. Pulse blend until you have a sticky, chunky mixture.
- Scoop out the batter onto a square baking tray lined with parchment paper. The smaller the tray, the thicker (higher) your bars will be, so select the size that coincides with your desired thickness. Spread it evenly on the sheet and pat it down so it is packed in. Place in the freezer as you prepare the chocolate.
- Place chocolate bar (or chunks) in a microwaveable-safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes until melted. Remove the tray from the freezer and evenly spread the melted chocolate on top of the mix. Sprinkle coarse sea salt on top of the chocolate, if desired.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour (or fridge for 2 hours), then remove and cut into desired portions. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks or freezer for 1 month.
- Note: I soak my dates in water for 5 minutes before blending to soften them and make them easier to blend.