Losing weight isn't about skipping meals. Learn how to shed unwanted fat the right way with this turkey pasta recipe.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- ½ whole onion, sliced
- 1 whole stalk celery
- 1 salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper
- ¼ cup, chopped roasted red pepper
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cup tomatoes, crushed, canned
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp, leaves oregano
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 whole zucchini, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp low-fat parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey, onion, and celery. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté the turkey mixture, breaking the turkey into small pieces, until turkey is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, oregano, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Add basil, and stir to combine everything really well.
- Prepare the zucchini noodles using a spiralizer or mandolin slicer.
- In another skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the zucchini noodles are ready, place them on four plates, top with Bolognese sauce, and garnish with cheese.